Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"An Entertainer & her dog" SOLD

This is only the second "people" painting I've ever done. I learned a lot on this one and loved the challenge. April is a singer in the gorgeous Great Smokey Mtns of Tn. She has is an animal lover as you can clearly see holding her dog Baxter. They were an excellent subject to paint! Such a beautiful gal and handsome dog.
The "Entertainer & her dog" to see more of my artwork in my painting gallery go to http://doggiedudsbydeb.com/

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Meet "Jack" the jackass

Don't he just make you want to reach out and pet him?! See "Jack the jackass" and more of my artwork in my gallery at http://www.doggiedudsbydeb.com/

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Christmas Yorkie

I wanted to paint something with Christmas in mind and this little yorkie was perfect. Waiting patiently for "Santa" to arrive.

Painting yorkie

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wood Glue poisonings is on the rise!

Our country’s new-found thrift has lead many homeowners to save a penny by tackling do-it-yourself home improvement projects. But take care, pet parents—you may be exposing your furry friends to dangerous tools and tricks of the trade. Polyurethane glue, a water-resistant adhesive and favorite of woodworkers, is highly toxic if ingested by cats and dogs.
According to data from the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), pet poisonings from wood glues—and other adhesives containing the substance diphenylmethane diisocyanate (MDI)—are on the rise. In the past 12 months, the APCC handled more than 170 cases of pets who ingested expanding glues. Of those incidents, the majority involved dogs and were evaluated at high or medium risk for developing severe, life-threatening problems.
Polyurethane glue—also known by brand names like Gorilla Glue and Elmer’s Pro-Bond—is prized for its ability to bond to wood. If eaten, however, the glue expands in the stomach’s warm, moist environment and forms a softball-sized lump. A dog who eats even a small amount of MDI-based adhesive can experience severe gastrointestinal problems resulting in blockages and requiring emergency surgery to remove the mass.
Pet parents should treat any expanding adhesive as a potential hazard, since the offending chemical MDI is not always listed on product labels. Like all toxic household products, wood glue should be stored in a secure cabinet to prevent your furry beloveds from coming into contact with it. If you suspect your pet has ingested polyurethane glue, please call your vet or the ASPCA’s 24-hour poison hotline at (888) 426-4435. And for more information about keeping your pet domestically sound, check out our handy online guide to creating a poison-safe home.

Friday, September 4, 2009

I found a Butterfly

I found a beautiful butterfly on one of my Butterfly Bushes...The photograph was so pretty I decided to paint it. So this is my latest painting. 'Butterfly on Butterfly Bush'

Thursday, September 3, 2009

It almost Halloween time!

Its almost Halloween time! Does your doggie have her dress yet?
Come visit us at http://www.doggiedudsbydeb.com today to see more designs!